Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

The kids and I said our prayers and headed north of the Mason Dixon line for Thanksgiving. Aside from the yankees who need to learn how to drive, we had a great time. Between my grandmother, my aunt and my mother the food was outstanding and plentiful. I saw cousins I don't get to see that often and there were plenty of laps for Caroline.

But it was when I was out in the yard playing football with my family that I looked around and realized just how blessed I am. I no longer have to babysit Mr. Wrong. I am surrounded by people who love me. And I actually put on sneakers and went out to play!! I like the new Karen.

Seriously, Thanksgiving was good to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for family football games! I found your blog through the link on Tom's and read all the old posts. You better keep writing bc I want to keep reading!