Thursday, May 1, 2008

Over You

I should've started running a long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you, I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know
I'm slowly getting closure
I guess it's really over
I'm finally getting better
And now I'm picking up the pieces
I'm spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,I got over you.

This song by Chris Daughtry has been my mantra lately. I really am better off without him, more than anyone will really ever know. The reality is it took time to put myself and my heart back together. I really do feel like I have come so far, taking one baby step at a time. At the time I felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere but when I turn around and look back I have come a long way.

How do I know? Well I got an e-mail this morning from Mr. Wrong saying he wanted to take the kids a particular weekend in October, because he and Miss Peach are having their “formal wedding” in Pigeon Forge. I know isn’t that a contradiction in terms? So you know what I did? I opened my calendar to make sure it wasn’t a problem and told him that would be fine. Then I sat and waited for the pain to come. It hurt a little, so I kept waiting for the wave to crash over me. It didn’t come, not that all consuming pain that used to wash over me.

Do you have any idea how excited this makes me? One of the hurdles to jump before I was ready to date again was not letting Mr. Wrong have the power to hurt me. I'm thinking this counts as a check in the over you column, seriously!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Congratulations! You are well on your way to the next phase of your adult life! Just found your blog, following Melanie's stories. Good luck with all the kids, sounds like you've got your priorities straight. Homemade cupcakes are way better than store bought! :)
-Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie. I am SO proud of you. I know what you went through over all those years with the tearful phone calls and visits. Each time I said "Leave him. Go home." like it was just that easy. I'm sorry for that.

You're going to find out over the next few months just how strong you are...And you are better off without him. And don't cry too much over his success with "Miss Peach". I'm sure she'll get her taste of the reality of him soon enough...

I love ya!

--C~