Sunday, December 23, 2007

Baby Caroline

Baby Caroline was baptised today. I stood with the kids, surrounded by my family and friends, everyone who loves her. There was one very conspicuous absence, her father. Could the picture of Mr. Wrong's priorities be painted any better?

Together the kids and I cut down our tree, put it up at home, decorated the house. We make a Christmas tree cake, walked through the lights at Lewis Ginter and spent two days at Great Wolf Lodge. We baked cookies, chose presents and spend time with my brothers we are in town for Christmas. And throughout all of it I realised that I didn't miss Mr. Wrong. The kids and I, we are doing great.

Mr. Wrong did what he did out of selfishness and what he lost can never be retreived, he gave up his family. When they are older the kids won't remember that he bought them every new toy that was out there, only that he wasn't there at the times that really mattered. He wasn't there and the worst thing is, they know were he was.

Seriously, these moments cannot be recaptured.

1 comment:

n8 said...

Happy Birthday!
Merry Christmas tomorrow!