Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Always a Bridesmaid....

This weekend the kids will be with Mr. Wrong, well except for baby Caroline, so I am holding my breath (you will notice I do this anytime I head north of Richmond) and heading to NOVA to hang out with Melanie. The original purpose for this weekend was to get my mind off the fact that Mr. Wrong and Miss Peach were getting married on Friday. Turns out they made it official on Christmas Day - have I already expounded on this? Anyway, they were supposed to have a ceremony for the kids and her family. That has been cancelled. Wait, postponed, until it's warmer, until, wait for it, October. Shall we take bets on whether or not it happens?

So now we're going to drink champagne and go see 27 Dresses. Have you noticed there are not many romantic comedies out lately? Like all the good ideas have dried up. I went to the video store a few weeks ago and asked the movie guru behind the counter if there were any new romantic comedies out - nope. Being the eternal optimist I am, I like to see people falling in love.

My baby brother is planning his wedding to a girl I think is great, she is. I have three younger brothers and it has been the running joke for years that I am waiting for my girls to be flower girls. This week I received an invitation in the mail for all three of the girls to be flower girls, but there was something else in the envelope. I was invited to be a bridesmaid, I was so excited I cried. And then showed everyone the cute, clever invitation. And then I put it on my frig at home. And then I did my normal, oh no I'm too fat to do this. And then I remembered, not this time!

I'm going to be a bridesmaid. It's actually the first time for me. A bridesmaid, seriously!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for You:)

TigBom said...

Why do you hold your breath when you head north of Richmond? Most people who live north of Richmond don't remember the Civil War and actually hold no grudges against you for being from the South.

And hooray for the youngest taking some pressure off me and the elder Ware. I knew he'd be good for something.