Thursday, February 28, 2008

My angel turns 1


The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment, peace of mind, or even your happiness. It’s far greater than your family, your career or even your ambitions. If you want to know why you were placed on this planted, you must begin with God. You were born BY His purpose and FOR His purpose. – Rick Warren

Happy Birthday to Caroline! Today is Baby Caroline’s 1st birthday. Have I ever mentioned what a great baby she is? She has been walking for about two weeks and I’m so proud of her. She doesn’t cry unless something is really wrong. Even when she was teething she didn’t complain that much. At church she is the official greeter, almost everyone who walks in the door calls her by name, and she rewards them with a big grin and giggle.

She is beautiful and almost always has a smile on her face. And she is mine, exclusively, as far as I’m concerned. Mr. Wrong is out of town this week, he sent me a message this morning, was it to wish his daughter a happy birthday? No. And that’s okay, she is loved by so many people.

A year ago today, my life was in such a different place, a day that should have been so beautiful was shadowed by Mr. Wrong’s behavior. The day after Caroline was born my dad came a sat with me for several hours, I’m not sure he intended to but he reminded me that even without Mr. Wrong I was gonna be fine, great in fact. And over the last year I have come to see that more and more.

There are times when I am angry at myself for bringing her into such a hard situation and then I remember it wasn’t me that brought her in. She was a gift, an angel given to me by the Creator. I found the above quote by Rick Warren shortly after she was born and it was a reminder to me that God is in control. He knew Caroline before I did, loved her before I did and intended her for me. So today I celebrate the gift of her life. Seriously.

1 comment:

TigBom said...

She is beautiful beyond words. So are you.