Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Turning a corner

Last night something happened, something that hadn’t happened in a very long time. I really felt single. And something else weird happened to. I found myself attracted to a man other than Mr. Wrong. Now this is monumental because I’ve been with Mr. Wrong for 12 years. I’m not trying to say in all those years I never found someone else attractive but I was never attracted to them.

Several weeks ago I went thru the Wendy's drive thru. I pulled up to the window to get my food and the manager handed it out to me and said “You look familiar, do I know you from somewhere?” Like an idiot I said, “I don’t think so, are you from (my hometown)?” He wasn’t but we talked a few more minutes and I pulled away. It didn’t occur to me until later that was a line, he was flirting with me. I am pretty out of practice and very flattered. Although a Wendy’s manager probably goes on my list of things I won’t settle for in a man.

In my quest to make sure I never settle for another Mr. Wrong I am working on a list of qualities my Mr. Right must possess. Any suggestions? Wow, I’m single again, seriously.

No comments: