Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Karen has invited you to be a friend..

"I'm looking for someone whose baggage goes with mine."

Okay, I have done it, I have gone and joined facebook. Last summer my little brothers suggested I should, that it's a great social network. Well considering my social life consists of baseball practices and purse parties, what more can you ask for? (Yes, that is sarcasm.) Then a few days ago a friend from high school mentioned she had created a facebook page, so I decided to start my own. In the last 4 days 9 friends have accepted my invitation (some I'm not even sure how I invited :), honestly that makes me feel loved.

Here is my dilema. When it asked my romantic status, I didn't have it in me to mark single. I went with "it's complicated." It's so weird to think of myself as single, despite my post earlier to that effect. A friend has suggested I make a deal with myself to say yes to anyone who asked me out the first year. Sorry I have already broken that, causing one guy to say "you are just as big a tease now as you were in high school." Awww, really, you think so? Thank you.

The truth is I don't think I'm ready to date. Don't get me wrong, I am having a great time learning to flirt again. But to say, yes I will go out with you, even now it scares the crap out of me. I mean honestly, I haven't dated since college, over 13 years ago and back then I didn't kiss on the first date. Dating as a 30 year old single mother will be a whole other experience than as a carefree college girl. My divorce has been final now for 5 months and my marriage has been over for 2 years. It's time, I know.

So that's it, I'm going to go mark single right now.... Well, maybe tomorrow.... Or next week? I'm a busy girl but I'll get to it, seriously.

1 comment:

TigBom said...

You could always just leave that field blank. But really, you're single. Embrace it. Enjoy it. It's a good thing (though I just recently gave it up).