Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bring On the Rain

Tomorrow’s another day
I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain


Opening day ceremonies for little league were supposed to be Saturday, they got rained out. Grace and Lee were supposed to have games on Saturday, they got rained out. Chandler was supposed to play last night, the field was too wet to have a game. Thankfully the sun finally came out Wednesday afternoon and Grace got to play her first game.

So why Bring On the Rain? Jo Dee Messina released the song several years ago. At the time I was working for a large credit card company and they were screwing their employees left and right. After they switched me to a new department and new team, for the third time, I hung these lyrics up on the “wall” of my cubicle. One day the big boss came through the department, he liked to pretend he was “in touch” with the worker ants. BB stopped at my cubicle (I was on the end, next to the main throughway) and read the lyrics. He said, “What does this mean?” I replied, “They are lyrics from a song.” He said, “I’m not sure they are appropriate.” I looked him in the eye and said, “Which part?” He shrugged his shoulders and moved on. The truth is I was one of the highest performers on the floor so I got away with quite a bit.

When things got bad with Mr. Wrong I lost a lot of my self assurance, my fight. Being a single mother of four is hard work, very busy and the most rewarding thing ever. Slowly, bit by bit I’m earning back my fight, my self-respect. Tuesday night I had a setback, Miss Peach revealed something very big Mr. Wrong had been lying to me about. I held my head high and walked away, and when I got away I cried. I cried that night. The next morning I just added it to the “thank heavens I got away” pile of crap Mr. Wrong shoveled.

So let the storms come. I will keep getting back up. And I am a better person for it. Tomorrow’s another day, seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great attitude! I know how that is! But your right... Tomorrows another day, I'm thirsty anyway... So bring on the rain. Don't let go of your positive attitude!